Friday, March 2, 2018

On Stage

12x6 India ink on Fabriano 140 lb cold press watercolor paper done today.  I first sketched the singer with one of my new black waterproff Lictin pens (Micron substitute) .03, available in a pack of 7 pens from Amazon for $9.99.  Next I used black Higgins ink and a #8 round brush to paint her and the crazy background.  Photo courtesy WetCanvas weekend drawing event, host Harry Hamlin, UK.  In this 2 hour timed event participants must select an image then execute it or photograph what they got done at the time mark.  This one took me one hour.
COPYRIGHT 2018 Kay Smith

No comments:

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...