Wednesday, June 29, 2016

White Pelican


AFTER


 
BEFORE
 
 
5.5X8.5 mixed media on Bienfang sketchbook.  First version is the BEFORE image where I used only watercolor over graphite drawing.  On the mixed media paper there was not enough contrast.  (This is a cropped view of a flying white pelican).  Yesterday I took Montana acrylic markers and went over the water using green and dark blue, then a light pink over the bird's upper beak.  Next I put white marker in spots on his feathers to brighten him up, and splattered periwinkle blue with a large brush when dry.  Lastly I applied black India ink via dropper for partial outlines and darkest darks.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Thirsty Bluetit Bird

6x6 watercolor and Brusho done last week of a thirsty blue tit or bluetit bird. I've used this same photo and painted the bird larger t...