Monday, July 11, 2011

American Saddlebred


10.5x9 watercolor on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper, American Journey paints.  Size was 10.5x15, about 1/4 sheet, and I decided to crop off the right side as I'd blurred the rider and it didn't add anything to the composition...30minutes to draw, 1.5 hours to paint. I used a black & white copy of the photo so color isn't too accurate but think it reads a sorrel anyway. Thanks Jean for the reference we used for this weekend's drawing event in the All Media Art Event forum in WetCanvas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wundervolle Arbeit!!!
Liebe Grüße kerstin

Art Collector's Corner said...

Beautiful watercolors!

laura said...

Just gorgeous--the horse's face is wonderful, as is the flying mane!

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...